Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A little bit country...

And a LOT of manure!  Welcome to my weekend of fun!

I spent the first weekend of spring in Connecticut with my lovely family.  Saturday morning I did something I'm sure few of my big city pals have done - hauling manure!


My mom found a source on Craig's list that had plenty of it, from their horses, so we stopped by and picked some up for free! 

Dad let us use his car - heavily tarped - to bring it back home to my mom's garden to feed the soil.  It didn't smell - really.  (It had been sitting outside for a while - better for the soil this way, and for our noses.)


Lots of fun!  And, soon enough it will lead to lots of vegetables from the garden. 


5 comments:

  1. Way to go!

    Got to love nature... from waste to fresh vegetables in only a few months!

    Glad you didn't have to deal with the unpleasant smell though-- this cityboy has never hauled manure-- only seen it in Central Park :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done! I cant wait to get a house with a garden... im dying to start growing my own veg. Ive been growing chillis in my parents house but dont get to see them that often. I would love a full herb garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. I would love to have a garden as well :)! Enjoy watching the vegetables growing. :)

    Fabi (BubbLeGumGirLie for Comments on Craft/Design Blogs)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the smell, as you can tell I live on a farm and we have all kinds to smell. love glendas sb

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun, you both look like your having a great time.

    j3ss1ca (SB)

    ReplyDelete