Well, I'm not sure about the iron - its off at the moment, actually, but this ironing board cover is pretty hot!
After experimenting with wonder under and fusible interfacing my old cover was getting a bit hazardous to any new clean fabrics that came its way. So I made a new one, thanks to this tutorial from sew4home. (They have a ton of great free home dec projects there - check it out.)
I used fabrics and ribbon I already had and it was pretty simple to put together. I've yet to test it out but I hope to tonight. Now I can leave my board out and add some pizzazz to my place at the same time. I love efficiency!