Sunday, June 13, 2010

Baking Binge Continues

Seems like I've  been bitten by the baking bug this weekend!  Today I decided to whip up some lemon poppyseed cookies - I found the recipe in the month's Everyday Food and they were great!  Thanks Martha.  Super easy, and I had most of the ingredients on hand - I was wondering what to do with the 2 egg yolks I had in my freezer. 

Try for yourself - perfect with a cup of tea, on a rainy day like today.


Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
From Everyday Food, June 2010

Ingredients:
1/2 cup all purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
2 large egg yolks
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees with racks in upper and lower thirds.  In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda.  In a small bowl, mix together sugar, egg yolks, poppy seeds, oil, vanilla and lemon zest.  Stir egg mixture into flour mixture - dough will be dry.

2. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, two inches apart, onto two parchment lined baking sheets.  Bake until golden brown, 10-14 minutes, rotating halfway through.  Transfer cookies onto wire racks to cool.  Store in an airtight container up to five days.  Makes 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment