Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pick a card, any card


I've been trying to make my own greeting cards for birthdays recently - using material that I have saves money, is better for the environment, and I think it is much more appreciated by the recipient since love goes into it.  Here are my most recent attempts. 


This is for a boy - I tried to make it not too girly.  Thats hard to do with fabric, or at least most of the scraps I have!  He lives in a warm weather state so I thought the palm tree was fitting.


A little flower - I got the idea for a round flower from Its a good day - I like it!  And the circles were much easier to cut out than little petals:

Seen here.  I used a button to add some 3-D action - not sure if its cheesy or cool.  Maybe both. 
I used fabric glue and mod podge to make these guys - still need to perfect my technique.  I like making cards though!  Its a fun quick project to do when I'm not up for hauling out the sewing machine or only have a little bit of time. 
Any card makers out there? Do you have any tips for a novice?

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention! Did you get my email through Blogger? Email troubles and I lost your address, that's why I've not mailed your cards! Send it when you can. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! Please drop by my blog linking party today (you can just squeeze in!) and link to this, it would be great! all the best,
    Sara@creativejewishmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a card maker.. I can barely make cards WITH the cricut haha. You're amazing, though!

    Sadie@
    nelliebugs-swaps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the little flower cards...so cute! I'm not a card maker, but I wish I was. ;) I wanted to thank you for stopping by today and entering my Giveaway. Hope you'll stop by again sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are really nice. I think I'll follow your blog it is so positive and inspiring.

    SaraswatiChB for swap-bot

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors! The cards turned out so nice.

    Some things that you could try are: spray adhesive (gives you a little bit of room for error since you can move the pieces around for a little while after you stick them); and iron on fabric adhesive for sticking your fabric pieces together (added bonus, it will add a little stiffness to the card).

    Yoshi (libertunity from Swapbot)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the tip Yoshi! I will be sure to try it.

    ReplyDelete