Friday, July 9, 2010

Cool as Can Be

We've had some record high temperatures in NYC this week - its been a hot summer.  So, I finally bit the bullet and bought an air conditioner.  We didn't grow up with one,  and I've lived in my apartment for nearly 5 years without it.  But last week, I could barely sleep so I took the plunge.  I installed it last night all by myself!  I got such a great sense of accomplishment from doing something totally foreign that I thought I couldn't do alone, and succeeding! No boys necessary!

Silly, perhaps, but it put a smile on my face, and I got a great night's sleep.  Score for the grrrrrll power!

(Thanks to Julie for helping me pick it up!)

3 comments:

  1. "If you want something done ask a woman..." Have a good weekend Em. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. High five! I love this story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Its funny how something so simple can make you feel so good :)

    ReplyDelete