Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall Fun Festivities!



There are rules when you go apple picking you know!  Here are some that we came across while visiting Russell Orchards in Ipswich, Massachusetts this weekend.

My main rule though, is to have FUN!  Which Becca, Melissa, Sasha and I (plus Billy, photographer extraordinaire) certainly did!

Hee hee!  A mini apple!

 Oh man it was so beautiful out!   

In addition to apple picking, there was animal petting too.  Billy and Sasha get close to a pony. 


I prefer to look at the animals from afar.  Like from behind an fence, and inside a coop. 

It was in the mid 60s, but hot cider was necessary. 


Apples apples everywhere!   

Me posing on an olden days truck.


Oh and we got to take a hayride to the orchards!  I love alternative forms of transportation!  So festive.


What did I tell you? 

 Oh, tractors of yore.  So much FUN!

  
 These guys were pretty cute, I must say.

 Woah that's a whole lotta gourds!


 Pretty girls
 Pretty flowers
 Apple trees stretching out as far as the eye can see

 And this lazy bastard.
 Didn't want to get too close to him.
 These friends seemed pleasant enough though!
 Pumpkin time!  I was so tempted to get one but thought it might be a hassle to haul it home to NY.  10 lbs of apples was enough.   
 I love autumnal adventures! 
So do my friends, of course.


Doesn't this one look scary?  Didn't pick him.  Looks like a face though, right? 
  
Wow so much fun!  And the day wasn't over yet - more to come, stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun! Cute animals!! : )

    ReplyDelete