Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy Royal Wedding Day!

So, whether you've been up since 4am today to get a glimpse of THE DRESS, slept in and saw the pics online, or have been so thoroughly annoyed by the rampant media coverage that you've tossed your TV out the window, I have something for you.  Because who doesn't love a smashing headpiece!


I came across this tutorial on Daily Candy and knew I just had to make one of my own!  It was surprisingly simple. 

I found all of the materials at Michael's Arts and Crafts - except I had the tulle at home.  I re purposed an old barrette too, since they only had small ones at Michael's. 

 The feathers were pre-assembled which made things easy - just a few squirts with a hot glue gun and I was done!  You could totally make one for a wedding or a party, toned up or down, depending on your style. 

I made a smaller one that's a little more subtle for a friend.  Both are AWESOME though!  I may be holding a high tea in the near future just for an excuse to wear it again. 

Happy Crafting! 

1 comment: