Monday, May 24, 2010

A House for my Friend

I work my sewing machine so hard, I thought she deserves some love too.
I put together this simple machine cover over the weekend and I think it has a lot more pizazz than the white plastic one that came with it (and was wearing out too).

Plus its functional - it keeps her safe from dust when at rest. I didn't make a hole for the handle on top - I thought that would let in more dust, and when I carry it I can feel out the handle myself. I may add one or even a little flap I could open to carry, and close when storing it. Not sure about that part yet.

This was very easy to make - all I did was sew together some scraps after measuring my machine. It makes me happy every time I see it!

1 comment:

  1. i love that you made this gift for yourself! way to go you!

    ReplyDelete