Thursday, January 21, 2010

Make New Friends

I remember a song from Girl Scouts that we learned that went like this:

"Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold."

But then my dad changed it for me to:
"Make new friends but keep the old, one is mildew and the other's mold."

Oh dad.

I'm lucky that all of my friends (even those from Newtown, CT's Girl Scout troop 228) have more depth than precious metals and/or fungus. Most of them I've had for many years but I'm always happy to make new ones.



Here is my latest way: Swap-bot! It's this cool site that is combines pen pals, crafting, and the Internet all together in one super fun package! You sign up for swaps where you're assigned a partner and you have to make/send something to them, and they to you. You can usually use items you already have or those with very low cost so its a fun way to get a treat and spread the love with little/no money.

So far I've signed up for just an email swap to introduce myself to some new pals and learn more about the process, and next up I've signed up for a Big Fat Stuffed Envelope Swap and Tea Time for Two snail mail swaps. I'm so excited!

I will let you know how things go.

PS I ordered girl scout cookies last week. They arrive in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment