Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Crafty Homemade Cards by a Non-Crafter

I have the honor of guest-posting on Emmanem Handmade and am so excited! I've never blogged before, so be easy on me...

I wanted to share a small story of inspiration with you all. As the title of this post suggests, I am not a crafty person in any form of the word. Besides being a Daisy/Browie/Girl Scout two decades ago, I'm a complete mess when it comes to making crafts...that was until this year. Thanks to the genius behind the Emmanem Handmade blog, I made homemade Christmas cards this year for my friends and family, plus homemade (recycled) envelopes, too!

Check out some shots below of the cards/envelopes I crafted. Yes, they’re a bit over-the-top with the kitty references, but hey, I’m over-the-top about my boys!

I must say it was quite fun, and not as time-consuming as I thought it would be. I think this may be a new beginning for me! Thanks so much to Emma for helping me along the way and inspiring me to use my inner artist!

So, kick it into gear folks and start making cute, crafty pieces of beauty. No excuses...even if you're lost when it comes to arts and crafts, like I used to be. You never know what you'll come up with or who YOU'LL inspire!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks Julie M! I'm so proud of your Christmas creations, and delighted to have one displayed on my cubicle wall! Thanks for the guest post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's only April, but I've really loved looking at the festive posts. I just really love Christmas.

    I'm definitely sickening my friends and family by making Christmas cards featuring my cat this year

    samuraijen - swap bot

    ReplyDelete