Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween Eve!

Hi kids! Today's post comes from Kristy, a delightful young lady, and friend, who is being a flamingo for Halloween! Here is her awesome Halloween card she made, and you can do it too!


Happy Halloween everyone! I am a dedicated reader of Emmanem and am so happy to be a guest blogger! My post is all about Halloween. I am obsessed with scrapbooking and card making, and Halloween cards are one of my favorites to craft up. I moved to NYC last year so I figured it would be fun to make some NYC themed Halloween cards. So here it is!

These cards are super easy to make and very spooktastic. All you need is a sponge, black & green ink pad, ribbon, card stock, and an orange marker. You can buy all of the materials at any scrapbook or craft shop. You can buy a city stamp like I did, but it would be pretty easy to draw the buildings by hand.

The first thing I did was load up a sponge with green ink and dab it on the top of a white piece of card stock. This makes the cloud pattern at the top of the card. I used green to give it an extra Halloweeny effect. I then placed my city stamp at the bottom of the white card stock. If you don't want to buy the city stamp you can draw the buildings free hand. I then stamped my witch and drew a dotted line behind her. The last few steps are finding some spooky ribbon for the bottom of your card, and coloring in the windows of the buildings.

I hope my card inspires you to start homemade card making! Its my favorite!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment