Monday, October 22, 2012

Only Make Believe!


I  bet you are wondering where you can purchase such phenomenal chapeaus such as the ones we are wearing below. Sorry to crush your dreams, but you can't.   
  
Now stop crying.  My work pals and I participated in a volunteer day where we helped out with an awesome organization - Only Make Believe.   (That's me on the left - you might not recognize me with Viking blonde hair, plus Julie, Seida, and Cassie). 


They have volunteers come in and create cool costume hats for kids - like this cute tiger that Julie made (go Tigers!). 


We also made some fun necklaces for the kids - or, "bling" as we were asked to call it.  (The little boys won't wear necklaces, but "bling" is ok.)


We had a few hours to make a whole bunch of fun hats for kids that they could wear during a interactive musical performance

 From their website, " Only Make Believe is a non-profit organization that creates and performs interactive theatre for children in hospitals and care facilities."  


 We went to an out patient facility where the kids came by after school to have fun, dress up, watch a little play and join along with it, and then have some nice snacks.  

 It was a pretty fun afternoon, and the kids loved it!  I did too.  Whenever I can use my powers of crafting for good, not evil, I am a happy girl. 

If you're in the New York area, definitely consider volunteering for this great organization!  It was a lot of fun and a great way to bring joy to kids that need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment