Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Brooklynette!

Luckily I got a lot of wear out of my Halloween costume this past weekend, because I'm not so sure how many people will be able to be out and about tomorrow, what with Sandy Super storm's aftermath.


So here is the big reveal - ta da!  I'm a Brooklynette!  


 What is that you may ask?  Well, the former New Jersey Nets basketball team recently moved to Brooklyn where they had a fancy new stadium, The Barclays Center, built for them.  There has been a lot of hullabaloo over the stadium, and I'm not a sports fan, but after seeing this picture of the costumes for the Brooklynette Dance Team, I knew what I had to do:


So, these looks are my inspiration, and I think I made it my own.  Plus I wasn't up for too much pleather and spandex.


A lot of outfits coordinated with mine, unintentionally!

Like this amazing Beyonce costume.   



Matt had an spot on Roger from Rent costume.


With Vanessa as a killer Mimi, to boot.  
 All in all it was a fun weekend!  And one of the most comfortable costumes I've had in recent memory.  After wearing it three days in a row, it could use a wash, but I may just have to break it out tomorrow one last time...we shall see!  

Happy Halloween everyone!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment