Thursday, February 16, 2012

PB & Chocolate Brownies

My latest baking foray....


Check out these Peanut Butter and Chocolate Triple Layer Brownies!  I subscribe to a bunch of e-newsletters that fill my inbox with recipes, which I usually file away in a folder, never to see the light of day.  Yet this one I had to try - and had most of the ingredients on hand, so why not?  They came out pretty well, I do say.  What do you think?  Want a taste? 



INGREDIENTS
1pkg. (19 to 21 oz.) brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
1cup cold milk (I used almond milk because that is what I had - it worked)
1pkg. (3.4 oz.) Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding (I had a smaller package and it seemed to do the trick just fine)
1cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2cup powdered sugar
1-1/2cups COOL WHIP Whipped Topping (Do not thaw.)
3squares Semi-Sweet Chocolate (I had some semi sweet dark chocolate and used that)
1/2cup Dry Roasted Peanuts, coarsely chopped (I had slivered almonds - those worked fine too)

DIRECTIONS
PREPARE and bake brownies in 13x9-inch pan as directed on package; cool.
Meanwhile, beat milk and pudding mix with whisk 2 min. Add peanut butter and sugar; mix well. Refrigerate until brownies are completely cooled.

SPREAD over brownies; refrigerate.

MICROWAVE COOL WHIP and chocolate on HIGH 1 min., stirring every 30 sec. Spread over pudding; top with nuts. Refrigerate 1 hour.

3 comments:

  1. MAN, that sounds delish!
    I would do ANYTHING for some of those! (short of actually cooking them myself) ... *thinking-face* ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks EJ! You know, if you're up for a PB & Chocolate brownie fix that is a little easier, just use a boxed mix of brownies and toss in some reese's mini peanut butter cups. So good! And easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why weren't any of these brought into the office? I'm devastated.

    Signed,

    Your Cube Wall-Sharing Friend (not Lars)

    ReplyDelete