Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Welcome to My Blog!


Me in my first all-by-myself handmade dress! A little wonky around the edges but no one notices but me!

Hi! It's a bit daunting to begin my first blog post...this has to set the tone for the whole shebang, get people hooked and all that - so much pressure! Since I'm the only one here so far I guess I shouldn't worry too much. Anyway, here goes...

Here is my blog! Oh technology! Let me introduce myself, and tell you why I am here:

My name is Emma, and I'm a young lady living in Brooklyn with some time on my hands. I decided I needed some sort of creative outlet to add some pizzazz to my life. On a whim, I dusted off the Singer sewing machine my mom got me for Christmas two years ago and signed up for a simple sewing class. Seeing the machine next to my dining room table still in the box made me feel guilty, lazy, and wasteful - but I couldn't seem to figure it out on my own without some help (and without mom by my side to help me out of a fabric related jam, as she'd done when I was a wee lass putting together a scrunchie or two, or ten).

Fast forward a few months, and here I am, obsessed with creating fun pretty things! I still do the daily grind of getting up and going to work every morning, but now instead of coming and watching some crappy summer reruns, I can't wait to pick out a new project and sew into the wee hours.

Added bonus: Up to my elbows in needles and thread, I'm less likely to grab the ice cream - my hands are full!

No comments:

Post a Comment