Thursday, July 28, 2011

National Cheesecake Day!

Did you know that July 30 is National Cheesecake Day?


Seems a little odd...more of a hearty cool weather dessert to me, but it is delicious all year round.  

In case you do want to celebrate, here are some fun recipes from Kraft, including a few no bake options that are a little more summery, and might work a little better for you if you think the idea of turning on your oven now is grounds for institutional commitment. 

Food Network is always a good source - they have plenty of ideas here.  My sister (above, with a Christmas masterpiece) swears by Alton Brown's recipe - and she is the cheesecake queen, in my book.  The recipe is a little fussy but the results are phenomenal. 

What is your favorite kind of cheesecake?  Do you have a favorite recipe?  Or go-to place? 

1 comment:

  1. Little known fact - Cheesecake has been my new OBSESSION this year, especially all summer! So thanks for this! I didn't know July 30th was so significant, so now i have to make it a point to celebrate!
    Can't go wrong with the NY Style Cheesecake, and just today I ate a Carrot Cake/Cheesecake cake ... But I have to say - the most standout mind blowing cheesecake I've eaten as of late was this Oreo Cookie Cheesecake ... Phenomenal!!

    ReplyDelete